Saturday, June 22, 2013

It's contagious!

I WAS looking forward to a relaxing Saturday with Jamie home, but Lark had other plans for us!  Apparently she liked the outcome of Silas's room and wanted the same for hers.  We overhauled her bedroom today and it looks fantastic!  She's a crafting nut!  Her desk was covered in scraps of papers donned with dried glue, glitter, and stickers.  She reminds me of my sister Kate (shhh). Kate's room was always a mess.  She was always drawing or playing...always too busy to pick up.  Do you know, she even raised chickens in her bedroom? How the heck did they get past the threshold let alone my mother!  Upon Lark's descent into slumber she said, "My bedroom is like a hotel room now!" Better than a chicken coop, I guess.
You may think all I do is clean, but I don't.  We went to the dump and the library today too. I took a nap and then we went to the beach for dinner and a canoe ride.  We took my brother's dog Echo with us.  I think we should have named her Fish instead of Echo.  All she wanted to do was swim.  In fact, she went off for laps and we completely forgot about her until we saw her sitting on the dock at the next beach over.
On my list of things to do this summer is to work on a new quilt for our queen-sized bed.  The pattern is called Swoon. You can take a look at it here .  I made the first quilt on our bed eight years ago when Lark was a newborn and we were living in El Nathan.  It's time for a change or at least an addition to the repertoire.  It's up the the attic I go.  Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment