Thursday, June 27, 2013

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ


Today was not one of my most productive days, nor was it one of the kids' most fun days.  I went for a walk at 5:30 am with my good friend Kathleen.  Took a shower and then started to not feel so swell.  By 10:00, I had drool coming from my mouth and was about to tip over with exhaustion.  Instead of finishing up the attaching of the binding of the quilt I was working on, I stopped mid-way.  I interested the kids in watching a Netflix show while I took a nap.  I woke two hours (holy smokes, the kids have been watching the tube for 2 hrs!) later realizing I had slept through the alarm I had set.  I still didn't feel any better.  Lark ended up making lunch for both she and Silas while I rested on the couch.  After their lunch, I started to come around.  So, in my pajamas, (I seem to do all sorts of activities in my pjs) I rode around on the lawn mower with the kids to finish up what we started days before.
My parents came by in late evening to help us hook up Silas's new birthday swing from Jamie's parents.        He turned 5 today!  It figures I'd be sick - I was sick when I had him too!  Sympathy pains?
What a blast!!!  It's rated for 110 pounds, but I tried it anyway.
We ended the evening with an ice cream cake for Silas and construction of this small wind-up car puzzle that Si got in the mail from his Great Aunt Barbara and Great Uncle Tony.  
Tomorrow, I'm hoping to feel tip-top and have energy to get ready for Sir Silas's party.  The guest list is the size of a large classroom roster!  Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment