Friday, July 19, 2013

Mud Spuds

Today was a fun day! I had an opportunity to visit some great artists! My favorite stop was  Hope River Studio The shop owners specialize in pottery, weaving, and painting.  I purchased a container I will use for pens in my attic sewing room ( my studio) and a skein of hand-spun yarn that is absolutely gorgeous! I even got to meet the producers (two angora bunnies). I might even get myself  an angora bunny of my own so someday.
Life on the island is wonderful.  The views are so beautiful it almost feels like you have eaten the most delectable dessert ever.  We head home tomorrow.  I cannot say that I am happy about this. I have really loved being on the island and seeing the beautiful sites, eating food that was grown here, but my most favorite experience was meeting the kind and generous people of the island.  I will be back and I won't wait 11 years to visit again.
A few thing to note about PEI:
1. Homemade bread is cheap! At Mary's Bake Shop in Kensington, you can get a loaf of bread for $1.80!
2. Mud Spuds on Graham's Road are divine! $4.50 for a large carton.
G'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment