Friday, July 26, 2013

Sit and Spin

It's been a while since I last wrote.  This is for several reasons as I have been just too busy.  Silas started swim lessons this week and with being at PEI last week, we had several appointments and catching up to do.
While we were away, the weeds in the garden completely took over.  It's taken me several hours to try to reclaim the turf! Thank goodness for audiobooks. I have been listening to Mennonite in a Little Black Dress while I rip the weeds, dump the weeds, and ditch the edges of beds.
The visit to PEI has influenced me to do more art.  I created a needle felted snail pincushion.  It came out really cute. Larkin, Silas, and Addi (my niece) also got into needle felting.  They all made needle felted doll heads.  Each one of them pricked their fingers, but kept going.  Addi was more upset that she wouldn't be allowed to continue because she pricked herself and less upset about the prick itself.
I've also taken out the spinning wheel that I bought two years ago.  I put a new drive band on the wheel and got going.  What a difference!  I'm spinning something that ACTUALLY looks like YARN!  This is very exciting!
Off to breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment